Derby Hippodrome - An outstanding traditional theatre in the heart
Derby Hippodrome is a purpose built theatre opened in 1914 as a
2,300 capacity Variety house. It was converted in 1930 into an 1,800
seat cinema, becoming a theatre once more for only 9 years until
1959. Three years later the theatre was purchased by Mecca Group
who converted the theatre into a Bingo Social Club.